To limit the probability of an inability to repair malfunctioning
or inoperable building services.
This is to limit the
- an inadequate control of the temperature of interior spaces
or relative humidity,
- inadequate ventilation,
- the production of hazardous combustion products,
- continuously leaking water supply pipes, which could lead to
the accumulation of moisture, which could lead to the generation of pollutants
from biological growth or from materials that become unstable on wetting,
- continuously leaking sewer pipes.
This is to limit the probability of:
- negative effects on the air quality of indoor spaces, and
- the inadequate thermal comfort of persons.
This is to limit the probability of harm to persons.