1) This Part applies to all plumbing systems covered in this By-law. (See Article 126.96.36.199 of Divison A.)
1) Every sanitary drainage system shall be connected to a public sanitary sewer, a public combined sewer or a private sewage disposal system.
2) A combined building drain shall not be installed. (See Appendix A.)
1) Every storm drainage system shall be connected to a public storm sewer, a public combined sewer or a designated storm water disposal location.
1) Every water distribution system shall be connected to a public water main or a potable private water supply system.
1) Piping in any building connected to the public services shall be connected separately from piping of any other building, except that an ancillary building on the same property may be served by the same service. (See Appendix A.)
1) Plumbing fixtures shall not be installed in a room that is not lighted and ventilated in accordance with the appropriate requirements in Parts 3 and 9 of the BCBC.
1) Every fixture, appliance, interceptor, cleanout, valve, device or piece of equipment shall be located so that it is readily accessible for use, cleaning and maintenance.
1) Personnel performing installation, alteration or repair on a plumbing system shall
a)possess a British Columbia tradesman's qualification certification as a plumber,
b)be an indentured apprentice supervised by a journeyman possessing a British Columbia tradesman's qualification certification as a plumber, or
c)be the registered owner and occupant or intended occupant of the single family dwelling in which plumbing work will occur, provided evidence can be provided the owner can satisfactorily complete the proposed work.
1) Persons performing installation, alteration or repair on a sprinkler system shall
a)possess a British Columbia industry training credential as a sprinkler system installer, or
b)be a trainee supervised by a Sprinkler System Installer qualified under the Industry Training Authority Act.