1) Compliance with this By-law shall be achieved by
a)complying with the applicable acceptable solutions in Division B (See Appendix A), or
b)using alternative solutions that will achieve at least the minimum level of performance required by Division B in the areas defined by the objectives and functional statements attributed to the applicable acceptable solutions (See Appendix A).
2) For the purposes of compliance with this By-law as required in Clause 126.96.36.199.(1)(b), the objectives and functional statements attributed to the acceptable solutions in Division B shall be the objectives and functional statements referred to in Subsection 1.1.2. of Division B.
1) All materials, appliances, systems and equipment installed to meet the requirements of this By-law shall possess the necessary characteristics to perform their intended functions when installed in, or serving, a building.
1) All building materials, appliances and equipment on the building site shall be stored in such a way as to prevent the deterioration or impairment of their essential properties.
1) Unless otherwise specified, used materials, appliances and equipment are permitted to be reused when they meet the requirements of this By-law for new materials and are satisfactory for the intended use.